Friday, May 15, 2009

Miriam's "Here Comes the Bride" LFB Swap


This LFB is for Miriam's June Swap. I bought a pack of black, white, and red accents on clearance for a dollar at Michael's when I went out to visit Ginger the other day, so I decided to use a decorative tissue paper pack that I had in the same colors and give this theme a go. I decoupaged the background, stamped the flourishes and wedding cake, then attached the word tickets, flowers, jewels, and sequined trim. Wedding are usually so pastel and lacey and flowery, but I like the stark contrast of the red and black, along with the elegance. (It might also subconciously reflect my mood towards weddings right now, as I am jealous of the people in my life who have recently gotten engaged, while I'm still waiting for my day to come!) I had fun with this, and actually started a second one. I'll post a pic of that one when I'm finished. I have to make a graduation card for Jeff's twin sister first. She is graduating from Oneonta tomorrow with a degree in Childhood Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment