Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jenna & Justin's Birthday Cards




For Jenna's First Birthday


For Justin's Third Birthday
At Ginger's house today, I was able to start my Dessert LFB and create these two greeting cards for Jeff's niece and nephew who both have June birthdays. I love the new trend in scrapbooking using Robots on cards and scrapbook pages and I bought a sheet of Robot stickers from the Dollar Tree just waiting for the perfect occassion to use them. I had almost finished the card when I realized it still needed something, the green background was blank and Ginger suggested that I stamp the stars in the background (CTMH). That totally made it perfect-thanks for the advice Ginger! (And that's why it's good to create with friends sometimes!)
For Jenna's card, I used the DCWV Sweet Stack of glitter paper for the pink background, and CTMH stamps for the cupcake and sentiment. Ginger let me borrow her glitter glue to make the candle sparkle (Stickles, Ranger). I used double-sided foam squares to give the frosting part of the cupcake and the candle some "pop" and dimension.
Although Jenna and Justin are too little now to appreciate their cards, I hope that Jeff's sister and brother-in-law get a kick out of them and I love them all to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment