Monday, June 1, 2009

Hawaiian Love Birds & KISS


Engagement gift for Shannon (framed "Kiss" layout)

Engagement gift for Toni (framed "Hawaiian Love Birds" layout)

I'm lucky to work with a great group of people at CVS. Within the past few months, both Toni and Shannon have gotten engaged. Toni, while she was in Hawaii on a spring vacation. I'm having them, along with a few other women we work with to a BBQ at my house on Saturday to celebrate. (Hopefully neither of them check this blog before then, but I don't think they do--so I should be safe!) I have some neat bachelorette/wedding shower games planned along with some yummy food. As long as the weather holds out it should be a great time!

Toni's layout took me the longest. I couldn't figure out how I wanted all the pattern to work together, but I knew I wanted it to be colorful and tropical and a nice reminder of her trip and the time he proposed. I played around with the title lettering alot before I settled on this and printed a hibiscus flower for an accent.
Shannon's layout came together much quicker. I wanted to try an "embellishment grouping" like I've been seeing in some of my scrapbook magazines and break out of the linear a little bit. The upper left corner is still bugging me, I can't often leave white space. I'm toying with the idea of adding "Shannon & Chris" in script or something, but I don't want to ruin it or clutter it too much. Any ideas? I have till Saturday to alter it...

No comments:

Post a Comment