Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Donna's "School Days" Altered Book Cover Swap

Original Book Cover (1960)

Altered Book Cover (2009)

Original Inside

Altered Inside
Donna, a member of the In My Vintage Room Yahoo group proposed an Altered Book Cover swap with the theme of "School Days." I think many of us were hesitant at first (as an English major and book lover, how could I take a gorgeous vintage book and cut out the pages and glue all over it?!) but it ended up being a ton of fun. My sister and I searched the shelves of a used book store in Wells, NY yesterday and I found this book from 1960...I was even able to tear out pages with illustrations and use them for images on my finished piece. I also used the "Notebook" paper pack from Close to My Heart, some acrylic stamps, silk flowers, and metal letters, along with paint, ink, and decoupage glue. I hope many of our other group members will participate, both of my sisters plan to try creating one too. I was supposed to wait to make one with them and Ginger, and Lori talked about working on it together too...but I just couldn't wait I was so inspired by this book. I might try my hand at another one!

1 comment:

  1. Your altered book is wonderful. I knew you would think it was fun once you got started. Helen

    ReplyDelete