Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Aly's Altered Book

Aly's Altered Book Front & Back

Aly's Altered Book Inside

So I finally got my youngest sister Aly involved in my art group's projects. She came over with Elise on Saturday night and we worked on their altered books. Aly was at Donna's and saw what it was about and decided that for the theme "school days" she could use her experience in cosmetology school as her inspiration. With a little help from me with embossing the title and covering the book, this is what she came up with. I'm so proud! :o) I even let her glue my rat tail comb into the binding and we covered it in glitter glue. I feel slightly guilty that we took a book that was over hundred years old and turned it into this...but hopefully whoever gets it in the swap will enjoy it as "art." I guess all that matters is we had fun together. I get excited when she shows an interest in stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment