Thursday, April 29, 2010

My New Toy(s)...

Tattered Florals Die cut outs from vintage book pages, yearbook pages, and sheet music
Leaves die cut outs from sticky backed felt and sheets of cork

Tattered florals die cut outs from sticky backed felt (note the circles are not part of the die, but I cut them out of the excess sticker felt to use for polka dots or flower centers)
As I believe I mentioned in a previous post, I recently purchased the Cuttlebug with embossing folder set from HSN. When I discovered that it was compatible with Sizzix dies, I was so excited because I love the new Alterations line from Tim Holtz. I have never really done much with die cuts or been very interested in die-cutting machines before, but so far I'm having a ton of fun. I only have 3 dies, but here are a few examples of the materials I've been cutting with today. I can't wait to make greeting cards decorated with my very own handmade embellishments!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what you do with the tattered flowers, especially the ones out of words and music. I love that die too - on my wish list of Tim Holtz must haves!

    I also enjoyed looking through all the beautiful cards you have posted for the craft fair. Hope you did well!

    ReplyDelete