Wednesday, December 7, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas: Day #6

My version of tag #6...Tim's seasonal embossing folder, distress stain and inks, CTMH stamps and embossing powder in clear and silver....

floral pick accent with glittery leaf inked green...




The inspiration: Tim's Tag #6 see more at www.timholtz.typepad.com
Wow, I looked at this one all day yesterday but didn't attempt my version till this afternoon. I was stumped by the metal tape and paint daubers because I don't have any...how was I to make this work without going out to buy more new products? My solution was to emboss the design with the embossing folder, then swipe embossing ink over the top of the image and emboss it in silver to get the metal look. Then I inked the debossed parts with various holiday inks and covered the whole tag in clear detail embossing powder and heated again. I love the look, though not quite the same as Tim's.


1 comment:

  1. Oh I like it! Background is very impressive and all colors are in a quiet harmony with each other. Santa's silhouette is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete