Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas: Day #12


My version utilizes gold tissue for the flower, and a cherub print tissue for the background along with distress Rock Candy Stickles and frayed burlap distress inking. I used a vintage button and tinsel, a piece of paper lace, silver embossed a snowflake chipboard element, and stamped and embossed the wings and crown...
Perhaps the coolest part is I made my own frozen Charlotte doll to use on the tag. I have a real doll that I want to save for another project so I created a mold out of it using Amazing Mold Putty, and then made the duplicate out of translucent Sculpey clay and baked it according to package directions.
Once all the elements were hot glued or stapled into place, I printed, inked and glued on the "all is calm" phrase and added the dot border of Patina Stickles. This is one of my favorite, if not my favorite tag. I love the elegance and charm.
The inspiration: Tim's Tag #12--you can see more at www.timholtz.typepad.com
LinkClose up of my handmade Frozen Charlotte doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment