Sunday, July 26, 2009

William Henry Margetson LFB

Artist of the Month for July LFB Front

Artist of the Month for July LFB Back
Here is the little fat book page that I made for my sister Elise's Artist of the Month Swap. This month she did a spot light on William Henry Margetson. I think the ladies in the group were better able to tackle this one because the focus of alot of his art is what we all like: vintage ladies in hats with ribbons, and everything is so full of light and beauty. Quite the extreme from last month's Frida Kahlo. :o) I enjoyed working on it last night after the art party at Lori's. I was inspired AND in a time crunch because I forgot it was due tomorrow!
I used a real mirror on the piece and enlarged the frame of the original work to fit it on. I cut out the reflection from a second print out to glue on the mirror. I used CTMH's liquid glass to fill in the vase to make it look glossy and glass-like. The lady is cut out and pop-dotted to stand up off the page and outlined in a glimmer dust gelly roll pen. Other accents include tiny pearls, eyelash fibers, brads, and prima flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment