Friday, July 3, 2009

Lilies in Bloom




Jeff and I have eagerly anticipated the blooming of what we have been told are "ditch lilies" along the side of our garage and the front corner of our house. Next year I want to photograph them first thing in Spring as little shoots coming out of the dirt until they become giant leafy bushes, and then stalks with buds, and then finally these gorgeous full bloom orange flowers. It's been amazing to watch the progress of their growth. For the past few days with all the rain we could see the bud was itching to bloom...I photographed three days in a row to show just how quickly they went from tight green little buds, to absolute beauties. It's so nice to have a low maintenance splash of color in the yard. I don't have a green thumb, but I do have some great orange lilies!

No comments:

Post a Comment