Friday, July 3, 2009

Dog Days of Summer Birthday Card

Jenn's Birthday Card

Detail shot
Jenn is the pharmacist at my CVS and she's also the best listener and advice giver I could ever ask for. When the store is slow and I close with her, she is always there to let me vent about the insanity and aggrivations of my day in retail, and in my life. Her babies are her labs Chile and Cayenne, and I stole the pictures of them off of her facebook to make her birthday card more personalized. I recreated their day at the lake, and what do you know, I found a use for those glass gems from the antique store already. The clear one made a perfect sun center, and the others made the rock bed of my lake. I extended the dock off the photograph onto some cardstock and then attached it with double-sided foam squares for dimension. Mulberry paper water and sun, and stamps are Close to My Heart complete the scene. Inside says, "I hope you enjoy all the dog days of Summer, but have an especially sunny birthday." Cheesy, I know, but I think she'll think its cute.

2 comments:

  1. Tabitha, how cool. I am trying to figure out how you got the reflection of the dog in the water. Is that part of the photo? Wonderful card. She'll have to love it, if not, send it to me on my birthday. I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the reflection was part of the photo. thanks!

    ReplyDelete