Sunday, June 13, 2010

I made my own Collage Sheets!!!


Earlier this week, I went with my sister to an antique store in Ballston Spa, NY and we happened across a drawer full of century old women's magazines. Immediately I thought of cutting them up for collage ephemera, but as I flipped through them I found the ads and articles too fascinating, and such a glimpse of women's lives of the time, that I won't be able to bear cutting them up. I purchased them anyway five for $10, figuring I'd bring them home and scan in the pictures I'd like to make my own collage sheets. Above are some of my results so far. Both collage sheets were created from images that I found in the October 1903 Woman's Home Companion. I still have four more magazines to go through, and now that I've gotten the hang of my scanner, I believe I will have a ball creating more to share in the future. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment