Thursday, August 27, 2009

Greetings for Tim, Aly, and Grandma Haymore


My sister, Aly's birthday card

Birthday card for my grandma

Thinking of You card for co-worker, Tim
These are the greeting cards that I worked on making tonight. The first is a birthday card for my little sister Aly. I can't believe she's going to be 21! The sentiment is a silly private joke stemming from some YouTube video about muffins that she finds hilarious.
The second card is for my Grandmother who lives in Virginia and I never get to see. I called my mom tonight and told her I would make a card to send her from the family. I used the DCWV Sweet Stack, some Bazzill Bling paper, and some decorative staples and 3-D ice cream sticker.
The last card is a multi-purpose cheer up card for my co-worker Tim who unfortunately just had his brother in FL pass away from a heart attack. He loves the Boston Red Sox, and his birthday was just a week ago, so I wanted to make a card to let him know I was thinking of him and that I was there for him. He's a great guy, and I feel bad that he's going through so much.
I am a firm believer in handmade cards having some magical power though, even if it's just makes the receiver smile for a moment, in that moment they know they are loved. For my sister, we can joke through the card; for my grandmother, the card will bridge the miles between us; and for Tim, he will know he's not alone.

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy! I don't know how you can get so many done so quickly. It takes me hours if not days to get it altogether. You have such a creative mind. I also love your scrapbook pages above. That is something I want to do (someday) but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Takes me too long! Helen

    ReplyDelete