Thursday, August 27, 2009

Altered Store-Bought Greeting Cards

"Pretty Pansies"

"Momma's Little Fairy"


"Birthday Garden Friends"
These are my first attempts at altering store-bought greeting cards. I swore to myself a long time ago that I would never buy a card. I believe in making cards so that they are more personal and meaningful down to the last sticker, button, or shred of paper. Fortunately, I didn't have to break that oath to myself to create these: my grandma passes over her cast off cards to me to cut up for my own creations. It was easy to cover or get rid of the writing in these few, so I chose them as my base and added my own papers, images and doo dads. This is for a swap Marilyn Rock is hostessing. You can check out her fantastic art blog at http://wwwmarilyninmyroom.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment