Monday, April 27, 2009

Easter Bunny Puppy

I often find that I’m complaining because stuff in my life prevents me from the time I would like to create art…but every once in awhile I remember, that it is that “stuff” that inspires me to create art in the first place.

I spent six hours today writing an essay about John Smith and Daniel Boone for my early lit. class. Then I made lunch for Jeff and I. I tried to get creative with Hawaian Luau marinated grilled pork chops and then put colorful sauteed bell peppers and crushed pinapple on top. It came out pretty good! Then in between dishes and laundry, instead of doing more homework, I went to get some photos developed and created this scrapbook page of Brinkley's first Easter. Easter hasn't been a big deal for Jeff and I the last few years because we have had to work, but I saw this little pink bunny dog toy at the store, and I knew when I got home from work it would be a nice treat for Brink after him being in the crate all day. He's so fun to watch with a new toy! He wags his whole body and sticks his butt up in the air and runs around with it until he's breathless. And then finally, he will settle down to chew a hole through it. All of this in a matter of 30 minutes!

But it is moments like these that make me appreciate what I do have, and that is a healthy happy puppy, and a fun-loving companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment