Friday, February 19, 2010

One More Valentine


I must confess, I did not make this Valentine this year. It has been sitting in my small stash of pre-done cards waiting for the occassion. I made it a few years ago when I was living in my apartment with Jeff in Schenectady. I can still remember having all my supplies spread out on the floor of the circular room that was our living room in the touret of the old victorian house on Union Street. I don't know why this card never found a recipient that year, but this year it found a worthy one. I decided to give my cooperating teacher from student teaching this card along with a box of chocolates when I went back to the middle school this week to help her with Yearbook club. It's nice to get back into a school now that I am done with my student teaching and she has been a great mentor and profound support. It made her day. And I'm glad she appreciated my hand-stamped, hand-cut, and hand decorated chocolates as much as the real ones I brought her.

No comments:

Post a Comment